The process of successfully starting a small business will involve you taking a business idea from concept to producing a profitable return on your investment.
The general steps to start up look like this:
- shortlisting potential business ideas
- selecting the best fit option
- researching to identify a gap where prospective customers are under-served
- evaluating the feasibility of you starting a business that could sustainably plug in the gap
- proposing a suitable business based on your evaluation
- planning exactly how you would prepare to start and launch this business
- managing and controlling the process of implementing your business plan
- tracking, reporting and making improvements on performance to reach ROI
To prepare a new business for success takes expertise.
This doesn’t mean academic qualification, but it does mean having a practised and proven approach.
Here’s my blueprint:
- Selecting the right business
- Planning your business
- Controlling the launch of your business
- Managing your business
- Growing your business
- Exiting your business
This guide is a strategy book, filled with tips that will give you the edge.
I’m not telling you how to start a business, I am showing you how to do it.
Lots of personal experiences, quotes, examples etc.
40,000 hours of experience brought to you in a series of articles in this expert playbook.